Five for Friday 4-29-16

Its Friday!!!! I love Friday. Not only is it the last day of the week, but because of Friday prayer I only have my students for two hours. And one of those hours is independent study where my kids catch up on all late assignments. So I really only have one hour of teaching time, which is why Friday is awesome. But, that's not all it is also the day that this amazing linkup comes up and I just love it so much. I get so many new ideas, thank you so much.
And now with out further ado I give you my Five for Friday!
In class we are reading Sign of the Beaver by Elizabeth George Speare. We are also working on sequencing in ELA so I came up with this:
It's a comic book strip illustrating chapter 15 when Matt and Attean are confronted by a bear. I collected the images off of google image search (so if it belongs to anybody let me know so I can give credit). I thought it was pretty cleaver of me and I was really excited to do it in class. After I did it my students, lovely kids that they are, shot holes in my comic. So, I challenged them to do a better job as a team when we read chapter 16. 


I found this great Math website that has pixel art coloring pages, called Coloring Squared. With the current fixation with Minecraft the kids are really getting into the different coloring pages. The best part is the range of Math concepts that are in the coloring pages. I have done multiplication, division, and fractions. There are also rounding , angles, factors and a whole lot more.
Practice Multiplication Ninja 4th Grade Math Facts

I recently started selling on Teachers pay Teachers. I don't have much in the store but I hope to add more soon. Click on the tag above to go to my store and check out what I have.  

Shadow, the class hamster hanging out in my students pocket. He is adorable.


In Math we were learning about stem and leaf plots. So I made a chart with a stem and leaves. It helped the students visualize the concept. I used post-its for the numbers so that I could reuse the chart.



Comments

  1. When I taught math the kids loved doing coloring squared activities! Congrats on starting with TpT!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment