Tawashi Knitting

     Recently, I started knitting as a hobby, it also works great at stress relieving. I have been practicing different stitches and made a few little projects to get myself familiar with the whole process. I still have a lot to learn, but I'm getting there.

Last week I finished my first two colored project, a tawashi for the shower.


     I found the design as a free pattern on Ravelry I used some light cotton yarn I got from a shop here called Barakat. I used my circular needles (knitted flat) that are 6mm. It turned out smaller than I normally like my shower scrubs but I filled it with some cut up sponge to make it more sizable. I also used the leftover tail after I sewed it up to crochet a little loop so I can put it on a bathroom hook.


     I used it straight away and was a little disappointed. Not with the size, but actually the yarn. I read that you should use cotton on skin because it is sensitive, but I realized that it is too soft. I like a little exfoliating abilities in my scrubber, and sadly my new tawashi didn't deliver. I might try it again in a few months with a different type of yarn.


But, I completed my first two color project and I am very proud of myself.

Comments