Five for Friday 3-11-16


     It's Friday! I have a lot of things to share from this week and it is hard to limit to just five but I will try really hard. So, with out further ado my Five for Friday!
First up Writer's Workshop. One of our lessons was about writing through a mask. I have been writing my own story while the kids wrote theirs. I use it to demonstrate new writing techniques. For writing through a mask I wrote two paragraphs that show the thoughts of two different characters besides the main one.


In Math we were learning about quadrilaterals so I made a small activity for the kids to do. The purpose was to help them match up the shape to its description.


For my current Art Orbit rotation I had the kids make these cute brown bag trees. I found them on a Pinterest pin about useless DIY projects. I on the other hand immediately thought that it would be a great art project. I thought they came out really well.


Every year the school puts together an Evening Art Show. Each grade level does an art project that is then displayed for all the parents to see. My kids did pictures on canvas. They used stencils to create the image then outlined it in modge podge puffy glue. After that they painted it with watercolors. I think it turned out really well. 


.
Lastly, I got flowers from one of my students which is a great way to end the week.


Comments