Five Restaurants in Jordan


My brother visited from the states and wanted to do a bunch of things in the two weeks he had here. In this time I have done more than I have all summer. We shopped we visited Jerash but most importantly we ate out. My brother has been working as a chef for a number of years and as such is a major foodie. So, naturally we went to a lot of restaurants, Here are the five main restaurants we went to.

The first one we went to was Summaga near Ajloun castle.
This restaurant is an organic farm to table restaurant. The food was so flavourful and definitely worth the trip. The only downside I had was it took a long time for the food to come out so don't go in starving. It's in the tourist office of Ajloun Castle so you can check out the shopping while you wait for your food. With a great view of Ajloun castle and a rustic decor this restaurant is a great stop if you are in the area.


We also went to a place called Ajeen Wraps and More in Abdoun. Great mana'eesh, but for a place with wraps in the name you would think there would be more wraps on the menu. I think there was only one. But beside the name I would totally go again. The mana'eesh tasted so good! I loved the Jebeneh Halloumi and Sweet figs, a delicious blend of salty sweet. But, I didn't fall in love with Cocktail Zaatar and Jebeneh, it was okay but I've had better.


We also went to Tawaheen Al Hawa (windmills) for some grilled meat and traditional dipping foods. Most of the food was delicious but I didn't like the Muhammara, it just wasn't as good as I've had before. The atmosphere was nice and Suhaib had a ton of fun exploring the space. I am a huge fan of tabouleh and the tabouleh here was great much better than the one at Ajeen. Plus the Argeeleh at the end of the meal was very satisfying


The last big restaurant we went to was Shams Al Balad in Jabal Amman. It's a vegetarian restaurant in the heart of the city and oh my god it was yummy. They took traditional Arab meals and reinvented them in new ways. On top of all that delicious food the atmosphere was great, eating outside in the afternoon with a view of downtown totally worth it. Plus they had a little souvenir shop attached that my brother got a kick out of. I liked the Freekeh with the Qulayeht Bandora, delicious combo.

Finally on the day before my brother left back to the States we went to Hashem Restaurant in downtown Amman.  Growing up I've always heard that it is the best hummus place in the country. Unfortunately, I was
disappointed. I'm not saying it was bad, just not worth all the hype. I've had great hummus and falafel from the guy next to me. I don't need to go all the way downtown to get it. But, if you are going to go shopping and exploring downtown, stop by Hashem for some fuel.

So there you have it five restaurants in Jordan. Though, other than Summaga they are all in Amman. If you do visit one of them let me know what you think. Not everyone has the same tastes and I am curious what meal you liked the best.


Comments