Knitting and Crochet Unfinished Projects

Today I went through my yarn basket looking at my unfinished projects trying to decide what to work on. I have a lot, probably not as many as other crafters but for me it's a lot.

Some of them I realized are to be unraveled. I just have no interest in completing them, either because it is no longer needed or just didn't come out right.

For instance a plastic bag keeper that I found on Snappy Tots. Turned out to be obsolete because my mom bought one from Ikea.



On the other hand I saw this cool pin for a knitting needle holder and thought: I can do that no problem, I don't even need to look at the pattern it is that easy! I was wrong. It ended up way to big and I was just not feeling it.

Lastly was my mom's bathroom curtain. I kept messing up the pattern I found on Ravelry I tried it twice and each time I screwed it up so it got unraveled. I decided to toss the pattern out the window and figure something else out because this was not working for me.


On the other hand I have a few WIP  that just need to be worked on.

Like my shower pouf. It's my TV watching project because it is just a simple hdc stitch but I need a lot of them so a good mindless project. I found this on Youtube and was really easy to follow.

Another project I just started is a baby blanket, because I have these two huge yarn balls that were just screaming baby blanket to me. I found this project on Pinterest. Originally I just wanted to make some simple granny squares but after I saw how Sarah on RepeatCrafterMe was making a big blanket using the same method I thought that would be so much easier.

My final WIP is a basket weave pillow. This one is actually my own pattern modified from a Youtube video on how to knit a basket weave pillow. I found this great acrylic yarn at Barakat and decided to make a pillow. After looking at some different patterns I decided to do the basket weave. Once I have completed my pillow I might share my modified pattern on Ravelry, but that might take a while.
And despite going through my basket to find something to work on I decided to write this post instead.

Comments