Deena's Moogly CAL 2018

I have been secretly envying the Moogly CAL for a few weeks now. I kept thinking "that is so cool, I want to do that!" But, I thought maybe it was too late, I'll do it next year. I told my mom about it she thought it was a great idea, and she said "Why wait?" So on Thursday I grabbed the curtain ties from my bedroom and went to Barakat for some matching yarn.


I got 33JD worth of chunky weight yarn and an ergonomic crochet hook and some plastic stitch markers. I got 5 different colors; 3 skeins of :blue, purple and yellow(main colors), and 2 skeins of red and green (accent colors). I'll most likely need another trip before the project is finished but I believe this is a good start.
I came home and began to work. On thursday I made Block #1 and Block #2. They were fairly easy. There were some new stitches I tried like the Standing Double Crochet, but they weren't too hard to master. Also I made them on the big side so I had to eliminate some rows to stay in the 12" zone. I love the way they came out so pretty and vibrant


On Friday I worked on Block #3. It took all day because; one, my back was starting to hurt from being hunched over and two, because it was a little harder to do. I didn't have problems with the individual stitches those were pretty simple. My biggest problem was the stitch count and double, triple checking that I was working in the right stitch. It was a very finicky design for me. Probably  because I'm a beginner and it was more for intermediate. In the end though I got it done and I think it looks great! My mom said it was her favorite so far.

I still have ten more to go to catch up to the current block, #13, but #14 is coming out in a few days so I probably need eleven more to go!


Comments