Weight Loss Journey

     At the beginning of summer I vowed to work on losing weight and getting to onederland (below 200lbs). Before Ramadan this year I was fluctuating between 214-212 lbs. That was in May, we are in July and I am down to 206 lbs as of this morning. It wasn't easy. I lost a lot in Ramadan (205 lbs), gained some back lost some more gained it back. I was stuck at 207 lbs for two weeks, I am hoping that the 206 this morning means I am back to losing. Only time will tell.



     I have been eating keto and low-carb meals this summer. My favorite breakfast is a mug cake sweet or savory, I wrote about it a few weeks ago in a blog post. I have also been snacking on a lot of pickles, peanut butter, and dairy. Lunch is usually some form of protein. I recently started intermittent fasting between 5pm-9am and I think it has been helping. I go on Pinterest a lot to find keto meals. Though to be honest I have had a few cheat days. Last Sunday we went swimming at a farm in the Jordan Valley and we went a little carb crazy (pastries and chips). On Saturdays we usually go to a coffee shop for coffee and desert. But, overall I have been sticking to my diet.

     Other than my diet I have also been exercising. One of the great things about Jordan is it's hills. I walk one mile almost everyday but because half of it it is going uphill I get a better workout. I also have been working on learning Tai Chi. I personally like Jake Mace's 10 Tai Chi Moves for Beginners - 14 Minute Daily Taiji Routine, and Dr. Daniel Hoover's Tai Chi for Beginners 01 “Tai Chi Fundamentals”. I plan on moving past the fundamentals soon, but for now I want to make sure I got it right before I move on. I have definitely been more active this summer than ever before and I hope it sticks.

Overall I am very happy with my weight loss and am hoping to reach onederland soon.

Comments