Five for Friday 11-20-15


     ITS FRIDAY!!!!! Time for this weeks Five for Friday linky party over at Doodle Bugs Teaching Blog. This week has been pretty good, We had a lot of fun.


We made a fake fireplace to sit around as we read Three Cups of Tea and what ever we read after. I divided the process into two sections the inside and the outside. Half the class made the bricks and the other half made the fire.
After we finished we had a little reading/tea party in front of the fire.
I used LED tealight candles to light the fire and we put our tea pot in front. Then we all sat down and drank some "tea" also known as apple juice.
 Every Wednesday we have Art Orbit. The school divides the entire school into groups named after planets. The groups have students ranging in age from kinder to 8th grade. Each teacher comes up with and art, craft, or cooking project and has to teach it to all the groups, one group every Wednesday till you finish the rotation. This week was our last rotation for our first project I did art. We took three numbers and turned them into animals. I got the idea from this site. Then once we created our animals I had paint, glitter, markers and feathers on the side for the kids to decorate their animals.






This week we were learning about measurement and what unit of measurement would be better inches, feet, yards, or miles. So I took the kids out to the yard to measure different things. The school parking lot is right next to it so they asked if they could measure a car. I let them use mine because I did not want them scratching someone else's car. They had a lot of fun and I learned more about my car then I ever did before.

 During Writers Workshop we were talking about describing your character. So I read a section from Yolanda's Genius as she described Aunt Tiny. I made a little pictorial using that information.

It turned out kinda creepy and I'm pretty sure I won't be bringing her back up. 
Lastly I will like to share the evil Shadow who decided to defecate all over his hamster ball today.
And guess who had to clean it up.



So that was my Five for Friday. Come back soon!

Comments

  1. I love the Art Orbit idea! I've never heard of anything like it. Grouping the kids across grade levels is awesome! You've really sparked my curiousity...now where to go with it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids love it though it is a little challenging trying to find an activity that entertains the 8th graders but is easy for the kindergartners.

      Delete

Post a Comment