Five for Friday 12-4-15

 
Another week has gone by and it is now time for Doodle Bugs Five for Friday linky party. Best part is, its FRIDAY!!!!

This week our word list was about compound words. I had the kids cut up the word sorts in half then paste them back into their notebook as a complete word. Then for homework I had them find 5 new compound words then each student wrote one on sentence strip. Now our word wall has their words on it.


My kids and I watched this video a few weeks ago 

So we decided to make our own. I refused to use candy because I thought it was a waste, so we used colorful packaging peanuts. It turned out really well. the kids loved playing with it. We had a few peanuts so flying but over all we had a blast.



Evil Shadow, as he is now known as, decided to escape his hamster ball and run around my desk area being evil. I had to bribe him with treats to get him back into his ball. Still cute though.


As i was scouring the internet for ideas I came across this Scavenger Hunt. I thought it would make a great review lesson for the students and get them out in the fresh air. The kids loved it and found some really god energy examples. 




On a personal note my brand new PS4 and Camera arrived from target. I've been playing Batman Arkham Knight whenever I get the chance. 





Comments

Post a Comment