Thankful Thursday 12-17-15

It is Thursday time to link up your Grateful Gems for this week. It is a difficult thing sometimes finding things you are grateful for especially if it has been a trying week. But, a great way to overcome that is by reminding yourself of the good instead of the bad. I started my week with a cold and it is hard to think happy thoughts when your throat is scratchy and your nose won't stop running. Plus it s one week till end of the semester and the kids are restless. So I really need a pick me up.



Today I am grateful for the internet and all the amazing teachers who share their ideas on it. I am constantly browsing Pinterest to come up with new ideas for the classroom. I have a list of bloggers who teach fourth and fifth who come up with amazing ideas. Not to mention Teachers Pay Teachers which is just the best source of teacher stuff I've seen.


My second grateful gem is my students, With my scratchy throat, my voice was terrible. I could not teach them properly so they took over the editing process on our Co-operative Strip Paragraph, while I observed. The results were a little strange but it works.

Finally I am grateful to the water main break that required the school to be shutdown last Thursday and Friday. It gave me an unexpected four day weekend. What teacher doesn't love a four day weekend?

Have any Grateful Gems you would like to share? Link up your blog below.


Comments